Intro to Paleo from Loren Cordain.
Here are some general guidelines to consider for starting Paleo:
- Eggs are fine, particularly if you purchase omega 3 enriched eggs.
- Try to replace your cravings for sweets with fresh fruits and frozen fruit purees.
- Grass produced meats are preferable to supermarket feed lot meats.
- Pro and Prebiotics (psyllium) are definitely a good idea to get your gastrointestinal tract normalized.
- Also recommend: fish oil capsules and vitamin D supplements.
Most people find that after a few weeks on the Paleo Diet they can begin to wean themselves from many of their medications. Work closely with your physician or health care practitioner as you do so.
One of the first health benefits people notice with the Paleo Diet is increased and even energy levels throughout the day. Look upon the Paleo Diet not as a diet, but rather a lifetime way of eating that will improve all aspects of your health and well being. Give it at least 2-4 weeks. Most people who reintroduce non-Paleo comfort foods feel so bad after they eat them that they find going back to Paleo is easy.